University Preparation Course
Do you need to take an exam to study at university or at a preparatory college in Germany? Then choose our University Preparation Course:
|from 2.025 € for 12 weeks|
University Preparation Course (24 lessons per week)
Our University Preparation Course prepares participants for the TestDaF and DSH university entrance language examinations. The course comprises a basic module (beginners) and an advanced module (non-beginners). The basic module lasts 24 weeks and works through levels A1, A2 and B1. The advanced module continues at level B2 and lasts 12 weeks.
The language teaching is geared right from the start to meeting the university entrance examination requirements and to providing you with the language skills you will need during your university studies. You work in small groups with a maximum of 12 participants and not only familiarize yourself with grammar and everyday communication but also, from a very early stage, learn how to work with written texts, to produce written work on specific topics, to understand lengthy and complex listening texts and take notes from them, etc.
The basic and advanced modules each have 24 lessons per week; the total course lasts 36 weeks, which is 864 lessons in total. You can also take part in our free learning support and homework supervision in the afternoons.
- minimum age 18 years
- from 1 week
- 24 lessons per week
- max. 12 participants per group
- learning support and homework supervision in the afternoons
- 3 – 4 cultural or social events per week
Dates and Prices
24 weeks, for absolute beginners
- Courses begin on 06.01., 30.03., 03.08., 31.08.2020
- Content: levels A1, A2 and B1
- Duration: 24 weeks, 576 lessons altogether (24 per week) + learning support
- Course goal: the module ends with the completion of level B1; work continues with advanced modules on 22.06.2020, 14.09.2020, 01.02.2021, 01.03.2021
- Price: 3,970 €
12 weeks, for students with German proficiency enabling them to start at level B2 (i.e. the level on completion of the basic module)
- Courses begin on 27.01., 25.02., 22.06., 14.09.2020, 01.02.2021, 01.03.2021
- Content: levels B2 und C1, examination training
- Duration: 12 weeks, 288 lessons altogether (24 per week) + learning support
- Course goal: the module ends with attainment of the DSH/TestDaF level
- Price: 2,250 €
- Students who have already completed the basic module pay 2,025 €
- Discount price for booking both courses where payment is made before the start of the course: 5,290 €
TestDaF exam dates 2020: 13.02., 22.04., 03.06., 22.07., 10.09., 10.11.2020
1 Lesson = 45 minutes
Students who have participated in KAPITO courses in previous years are granted a discount of 50 € (there must be a period of at least 3 months between the courses).
The price of the course includes:
- application fee
- course material
- cultural and social program
- access to library and computers including internet access
- learning support and homework supervision during the afternoons
- advice about university admission
- student card
- support for visa applications
Lessons have a clear structure and are oriented towards the European Reference Framework. Modern media, up-to-date course material and the combination of text and vocabulary work, grammar, phonetics and conversation make effective learning possible.
The classes are small and made up of people from various countries, and emphasis is always on the practical use of language, i.e. on the participants’ ability to speak and understand. Each group is taught by two tutors, and the most important thing is that from the very first lesson, the teaching language is German.