Skip navigation


Do I need a visa?

You can find out whether you need a visa on the homepage for the German Embassy. Here you can also find the address of the German embassy in your country. Please ask there for more detailed information on entry conditions. Important: If you need an entry visa and want to study or take a longer language course, you are not allowed to enter on a tourist visa. These cannot be extended in Germany.

I need a visa. What do I have to do?

If you need a visa to take part in a language course, please apply for the course first. You will then receive a short confirmation and bill for the course. Once you have paid the bill, we will confirm your registration by fax or email. You will need to give this confirmation to the embassy. You can find out which other documents are necessary from the German Embassy in your country. Please consider that processing visa applications can take a number of weeks. Give yourself enough time for this.

My visa application has been refused. What should I do now?

If you can't get a visa and have to withdraw from the course, please let us know immediately. Send us the Embassy's refusal (by fax or post). We will then refund the course and accommodation fees you have paid, excluding an administration fee (please see our conditions of participation).